We can't do it without your help.
In order to provide the highest quality of care and help animals in need in our community, we rely on donations and fees for service (adoptions) for 92% of our budget. We aren't a government agency and we don't receive general operating support from national animal organizations. We are YOUR humane society, a private 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Your contributions support animals right here in Central Ohio.
Below are just some of the many ways a gift can make an impact on animals in need:
Any size gift means everything to our animals in need.
A Gift of $250 will accomplish any one of the following:
- staffs a week of mobile adoptions with MARV
- provides the initial medical evaluation for one animal victim of abuse or neglect
- provides a month of food and boarding for 5 cats
- allows 7 volunteers to attend STEPS on scholarship
- neuters 15 male cats
A gift of $500 will accomplish any one of the following:
- stocks a new foster home with all of the supplies to care for cats and kittens
- staffs the cruelty investigations department for one day
- spays 8 female dogs
- buys a month worth of disposable litter boxes for cats
- provides boarding for one animal in the Safe Haven program (based on average stay)
A gift of $1,000 will accomplish any one of the following:
- vaccinates all dogs in EmBARK partner shelters for one month
- provides for the veterinary services, housing and care of one abandoned dog
- provides toys and enrichment items to all of our dogs for 2 months
- furnishes one day of Feral Fix (spay/neuter and rabies vaccination for 20-25 feral cats)
- provides two nights of emergency hospitalization for one animal victim of cruelty
(614) 777-7387 ext 221
Capital Area Humane Society
3015 Scioto-Darby Executive Court
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
You may also choose to make your gift "recurring" and choose a monthly, quarterly or other option.
Make a donation in honor or memory of a person or pet
- We will notify the family if you provide a name and address
- Include a note including who the gift is in honor/memory of as well as the name/address of the person you’d like us to notify
- A card will be sent to the person of your choice that a gift was made as their tribute
- Simply select the Honor/Memorial option during checkout process
Membership - see below
Check if your employer offers donating via automatic payroll deduction. It’s an easy, consistent and thoughtful—and thought-free—way to help. We’re a member of Community Shares of Mid Ohio and may be an eligible write-in choice for other campaigns. Skip a latte and save a life. Spread the word.
See For Yourself
Want to see what makes this place so special and deserving of your donation? Ask for a personal tour of our shelter here: email@example.com
The Capital Area Humane Society does not trade, share or sell any of our donors' personal information (received online or offline) with anyone else, nor will we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Please let us know the best way to communicate with you regarding the Capital Area Humane Society. You may update your preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (614)777-7387 ext. 221.
Our members are donors who stand with us in our mission. We invite you to join us! Memberships are renewed each January for the current calendar year.
- Senior (60 yrs +)/Student $30
- Individual $45
- Family $75
- Patron $150
- Sustainer $250
- Benefactor $350
- Sponsor $500
Your annual tax-deductible donation includes:
- Subscription to our printed newsletter.
- Subscription to Humane Society e-newsletter.
- Special pricing for tickets to Humane Society events.
- Discount on Humane Society merchandise at our Bells & Whiskers retail store.
- Most importantly, the wonderful feeling of knowing you make a difference in the lives of so many animals, every single year.
The Capital Area Humane Society values the animals we serve and their people. We are always in need of dry and canned pet food for our food bank, as well as specific toys and interactive items for the animals in our care to help enrich their quality of life while they wait to find their new homes.
We serve, on average, 109 lbs. of dog food per day and on average, 33 lbs. of cat food per day.
In total, on average, we serve 142 lbs. of kibble per day (for dogs and cats only) which means we serve an average of 51,830 lbs. of food per year which is roughly 26 tons of dog and cat kibble per year!
What we could always use:
*indicates a critical need
- Canned cat and dog and kitten and puppy food *
- Dry dog and cat food for our Scoops food bank *
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Peanut Butter - smooth, not natural, no xylitol
- Busy Bone chew treats for small/medium dogs (Purina)
- Jumbones (Pedigree)
- Cheweez Rolls Dog Treats (Purina)
- Rawhide chews (for use in behavior testing)
- Easy Cheese cheese snack
- Fruitables Skinny Minis Chewy Dog Treats in Grilled Bison Flavor
- Sprout Organic Baby Foods Fruit and Veggie Blend Variety Pack
- Stewart Freeze Dried Treats 21 oz Beef Liver
- Kong® dog toys—size LARGE and up *
- Bunny toys from www.busybunny.com
- Bopperoo Jack
- Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble
- Hol-ee Mol-ee
- Planet Dog Mazee
- Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Snoop Treat Dispensing Dog Toys
- PetSafe Busy Buddy Twist 'n Treat Dog Toy, large
- PetSafe Busy Buddy Magic Mushrom Meal Dispensing Dog Toy, Medium/Large
- Starmark Treat Dispensing Pickle Pocket for Dogs
- Hero Soft Rubber treat dispensing drum
- Spot Seek A Treat Connector Flip N' Slide Puzzle for Dogs
- Jolly Pets 10-inch Teaser Ball
- Used fleece blankets or throws—no fringe or quilting
- Dust baths for pocket pets
- "Yesterdays News" cat litter for post-op kitties
- Heavy-duty nylon leashes and buckle-style collars
- No slip collars
- Martingale collars *
- EZ Walk Harnesses
- Kuranda dog beds (order at a discounted price to have shipped directly to the Capital Area Humane Society!) *
- Small flat "sheepskin" polyester cat beds with nylon (not mesh) backing (prefer Companion Road-type)
- Weiss Walkie leashes (available for order through our adoption office)
- Cat litter—non-clumping, clay, unscented
- Extra large airline animal crates (Varikennels)
- Collapsible dog crates
- Vet's Best Natural Flea + Tick Home Spray
- Feliway Spray
Cruelty Investigations Supplies
- Igloo-type dog houses, size large or extra large*
- Bales of straw (with no mold) *
- Bolt cutters—long handled, removable blade
- Tomahawk live traps (order cat/rabbit live trap #106 through www.livetrap.com )
- 5-gallon plastic buckets
- SWAT fly ointment
- KMR by Pet Ag
- Hand sanitizer wipes
- The Kitty Tube Gen. 3 Outdoor Insulated Cat House
- Elite Tactical Pro 300 Series Tactical Flashlight
- Plastic watering cans
- Fence panels for outside dog runs
- Green back sponges (Scotch Brite)
- 1-quart spray bottles
- Paper towels
- Wooden picnic table
- Large generator
- Headlamps (hat-mounted camping lights)
- NEW ballpoint pens
- $25 gift cards for Employee Recognition Program
- Digital cameras
- Flat screen computer monitors
- Apple iPad
We are unable to accept homemade toys and treats other than those created in shelter programs.
Unless specifically requested, we are not in need of newspaper!
We also have a Wish List on Amazon
(use Smile.Amazon.com and select the Capital Area Humane Society to be your charity of choice and ALL your purchases will benefit the animals).
Bring your goods to us, please.
Capital Area Humane Society
3015 Scioto-Darby Executive Court
Hilliard, OH 43026
Come during open adoption hours and our Customer Care team will provide you with an in-kind receipt for tax purposes. We are open 2-7pm weekdays and Noon-5pm weekends. If you have a large amount of items to drop off, please contact Emilie Zion at 614-777-7387 ext. 242 to make arrangements.
Hearts for Paws
Hearts for Paws
Host a “Hearts for Paws” campaign at your business. Engage your employees while having a little fun giving back to the community. It’s easy! Ask your customers to support the Capital Area Humane Society by making a small gift. In return, they receive a heart to print their name or pet’s name to show their support for the animals. “Hearts for Paws” campaigns also work well in schools. For more information, please contact Emilie Zion, Development Manager, at (614) 777-7387 ext. 242 or email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions - Donations
Are you part of The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) or any other national group?
No. We are a local 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving the Central Ohio community and we don’t receive general operating support from HSUS or any other national organizations. Which is why you are so important.
Do my taxes pay for your services?
We are not a government agency but our Cruelty Investigations Program does apply for and receive grants from the Franklin County Commissioners Community Partners Program and the City of Columbus.
When I make a donation, where does my money go?
Your money stays right here in Central Ohio supporting our animals and our mission.
Do you sell or trade my personal information?
Absolutely not. We maintain standard physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that protect the confidentiality and security of non-public personal information.
How will I know you have received my donation?
We will provide you with a written receipt for tax purposes.
How can I make my donation go farther?
One way to stretch your support is through matching gifts from your employer. With every donation you make, you should check with your employer to see if your company can match your gift. Some companies will match you dollar for dollar and others even provide a 2:1 match!
Can I make a donation using a credit card?
Absolutely. We currently accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express by phone or mail and Master Card, Visa or Discover via our website.
In this section
|Monday - Friday||2pm - 7pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||12pm - 5pm|
Animal Support Center
Admission services by appointment only
Same-day appointments may be available
(614) 777-7387 ext. 208
Contact UsPhone (614) 777-7387 Fax (614) 777-8449
Hilliard OH, 43026